Coordinator, Recruitment and Admissions
The Honors CollegeDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Honors College is seeking candidates for a Coordinator for Recruitment and Admissions. The Coordinator plays an important role within the Honors College, including administering essential aspects of recruitment initiatives.
Students in the Honors College are exposed to the best a research University has to offer. Hallmarks of the Honors College experience include small, challenging courses taught by top faculty, excellent preparation for graduate school, and flexibility in creating a unique Honors academic experience. A University of Arizona Honors education enables students to excel by engaging in research, performance opportunities, community services, leadership, and study abroad. Admission to the Honors College is highly selective. The profile of Honors College students mirrors that of the most selective public and private institutions in the nation.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the Arizona recruitment community by developing and maintaining close contact with school officials, university personnel, and university students to accurately convey the academic, cultural, and social environment of the University of Arizona.
- Occasional travel and participation in events on evenings and weekends.
- Traveling and communicatingto all schools across Arizona.
- Works with other recruitment staff members in Honors College and throughout the University to develop recruitment strategies, communication plans, and off-campus recruitment-related events and programming.
- Assist with Honors application and admission decision-making
- Assist on scholarship selection and other Honors committees (e.g. Diversity and Inclusion Committee)
- Assist in planning and organizing group visit days/tours for prospective high ability students including National Scholars, other named scholars, and admitted students.
- Respond to inquiries from prospective freshman, transfer students, and parents about the Honors College, University of Arizona, scholarships, and academic programs.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- This position willrequire the ability to be available on evenings and weekends to cover specialevents or activities, and occasional travel.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Recruitment & AdmissionsJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/21/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/7/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.