Student Support Specialist I
Dept of Emergency MedicineDepartment Website Link:
University of Arizona Health SciencesAddress:
1501 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Student Support Specialist I will assist the Medical Director and the Program Manager with administrative and educational functions for the EMT Course. This position will also coach, mentor and tutor students enrolled in the EMT course.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all Arizona Department of Health Services (AzDHS) and National Registry Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) documentation, educational and testing standards.
- Coordinate delivery of educational materials.
- Develop instructional schedule and coordinate with EMS Degree Program Manager to identify approved instructional hours for health care educators.
- Report health educator instructional hours to the EMS degree Program Manager weekly.
- Coordinate required student skills sessions.
- Schedule instructional space rooms in HSIB or College of Medicine for lectures, skills, exams and breakout rooms and communicate these room schedules to Program Manager so the schedule of classes is updated for each semester.
- Maintain and edit D2L with content, announcements, grades, etc.
- Manage course content, including learning materials with major changes approved by the EMS Director.
- Complete the D2L grade sheet by the end of course deadline and notify the Program Manager that grades are ready to post. Notify Program Manager if an incomplete will be issued.
- Work with student, Program Manager and the Disability Resource Center for any required student accommodations.
- Keep track of equipment inventory and request additional items needed to Program Manager for ordering. Anticipate additional inventory needs for future skills days and send the list to PM for order when funds are available.
- Preparation of regular reports for leadership – pass rates, student head counts, demographics, retention, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
* EMT Certified or higher. * Experience using UArizona D2L. * Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
5Career Stream and Level:
Student SupportJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
7/12/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Meronda Lindberg | [email protected]Open Date:
6/7/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.