: Alliance for Lifelong LearningLocations:
: Skokie, ILPosted:
: Jun 7, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time FacultyPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development at Oakton Community College offers a variety of learning and training opportunities for the community including Integrated Career and Academic Preparation System (ICAPS) programs. Grant-funded ICAPS programs are integrated learning opportunities designed specifically for Adult Education and Literacy students who can work to earn in-demand industry certifications while participating in basic skill development programming (e.g., GED or High school Equivalency/ESL/Literacy).
The Bridge Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and providing instruction to prepare Adult Education ICAPS students for certification in IT, Health Science, and/or Import/Export credentialing opportunities. Instructors will be specifically responsible for providing a classroom environment that is positive and nurturing as well as provide instruction that considers a variety of learning styles, gives hands-on practice, and offers strategies for successfully passing the certification exam.
Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Develop contextualized curricula in a dedicated career sector that will bridge students to success.
2. Provide direct and engaging contextualized instruction in a remote setting with potential for future hybrid/in-person teaching.
3. Utilize online learning platforms and digital tools to enhance student engagement and learning.
4. Adapt and differentiate instruction to accommodate diverse learning needs.
5. Maintain strong relationships with students, contacting them as needed with the intent to promote persistence and retention.
6. Comply with departmental curricula, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, assessments, and other established processes.
8. Monitor student progress, report outcomes, and refer students for additional assessments and/or support services.
9. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations.
Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to work with populations that often fall within the opportunity gap, thus requiring more intentional and comprehensive support.
Commitment to work with the support instructor and staff to develop strategies for, discuss, and meet the holistic needs of students.
BA in Education or related field
Experience teaching Adult Education and/or vocational courses
Strong digital and technology skills
Morning, afternoon, and/or evening availability
Experience in and/or knowledge of IT, Healthcare, or TDL preferred
Pay rate: $40/hour
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Oakton does not currently have a work form home policy and employees, are required to report to campus.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.