IT Business and Project Analyst
IT Business and Project Analyst
Job Number: 89853
The Veterinary Service Center (VSC) at Stanford University provides Laboratory Animal Care and operates within the Department of Comparative Medicine. We are fully accredited by the Association for Accreditation and Assessment of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC). Our vision is to pioneer in laboratory animal care, driving research innovations from bench to bedside.
The Veterinary Service Center (VSC) is currently seeking a full time IT Business and Project Analyst. Under direction and oversight of the DFA, the IT Business and Project Analyst will be responsible for creating and updating reports, providing management and technical direction for several applications used to support the operations of the Veterinary Service Center. The individual will need to capture and model/map business and data requirements, and work with business partners to understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of quality solutions. S/he will lead projects that are critical for the VSC and the Department of Comparative Medicine.
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs.
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Review, research and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
- Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May include development of operational and analytical reports for end users.
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
- Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business systems.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Work extended hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (DESIRED):
- Experience in reporting, data analysis, test script development, testing, creating and updating documentation, user support, analysis of user needs, requirements documentation.
- Strong understanding of the components of web applications
- Experience with MS Access, Oracle and SQL databases is desired.
- Experience with troubleshooting technical issues in relation to supported software (Oracle e-business, Java, MS Office)
- Experience with service management and development tools
- Experience with meeting and negotiating with third parties is desired.
- Experience with creating (power) pivot tables and graphs.
- Experience with LEAN methodology is desired.
- Experience to organize and carry through multiple tasks/projects with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills & the ability to determine priorities and accomplish tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a research or animal facility.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4772
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Department URL: http://med.stanford.edu/compmed/
- Requisition ID: 89853
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency