Mobile Application Developer 2
Mobile Application Developer 2
Job Number: 89856
The Wall Lab is a bioinformatics and biomedical data science lab that focuses on translating the thinking of systems biology to the field of autism research. Our intent is to develop effective early-stage diagnostics, empower the global scientific research community with open access to a centralized repository, define phenotypic subgroups, and understand the utility of wearables by providing social queues to enhance emotion recognition, all using computational tools of systems biology, machine learning and network interference.
The Wall Lab has built a series of mobile apps to accelerate the pace of biomedical data capture and development of products and tools to detect and monitor autism and related developmental conditions, as well as a community platform for families to engage with the research community. The incumbent will collaborate with cross-functional teams and play a key role in building new features enabling the autism community to participate in research and access resources.
Stanford University is seeking a Web Developer 2 to create and maintain websites. Design, build, and implement new, high quality, high performance web-based applications and tools that maximally leverage available technology infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and deploy web-based applications and websites from initial design and architecture through development, test, and deployment.
- Implement and maintain content management systems, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and creation of Stanford-specific modules.
- Evaluate third-party modules for functionality, accessibility, security, and maintainability.
- Perform selected website administration duties for existing clients. Ensure web server and site technical performance.
- Create web pages and tools for Stanford websites using core technologies. Create and/or modify clean, well-structured, search engine optimization-friendly documented code.
- Provide technical expertise in front- and back-end web development. Support web infrastructure by providing end-user support, applications maintenance, product evaluation, back-end development, and internal management tools.
- Interpret website design and layout visually in a creative, contemporary style and fully integrated manner. Ensure high quality and consistent look and feel across multiple devices and browsers.
- Optimize the display of original online content, and collaborate with content manager to produce animated gifs, static buttons, and email and landing pages.
- Work with site architects to develop and document functional specifications based on requirements gathered from stakeholders. Support the implementation of life-cycle.
- Help develop and deploy upgrade/migration plans for existing content management system as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Demonstrable portfolio of released application on web store markets
- Extensive knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration
- Works closely with users to identify and satisfy diverse needs - testing/implementing features
- Expert in integration of advanced cs features - coreml, nlp, computer vision
- Extensive knowledge of full-stack web-based and mobile-based design (OOP)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop web content management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex websites and web applications using open-source tools, languages, libraries, and current standards-compliant code.
- Knowledge of web content development and cloud services.
- Solid understanding of web standards and usability methods.
- Expert knowledge of content management systems, such as Drupal, including the ability to perform standard installation and configuration.
- Demonstrated ability to write, compile, test, debug, and deploy software.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools and related analyses.
- Ability to design and manage relational databases.
- Ability to design and implement web services.
- Ability to interact positively with and build consensus among a diverse group of colleagues, clients, and senior leadership.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Strong visual acuity.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4872
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89856
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency