Job Number: 89836
The Alvira and Cornfield laboratories in the Stanford Center for Excellence in Pulmonary Biology Stanford University and the Department of Pediatrics are seeking a Bioinformatician/Research Data Analyst 2 to manage and analyze single cell transcriptomic data and other data sets derived from next generation sequencing methodologies. The Alvira and Cornfield laboratories perform early translational research using mouse models and human tissue samples to understand the molecular mechanisms that promote postnatal lung growth, and determine pathways that contribute to impaired lung development, lung injury and pathologic pulmonary vascular remodeling.
- Prioritize and extract data from a variety of sources including genomic and transcriptomic data from publicly accessible databases. Harmonize original data produced in the lab with publicly available datasets.
- Determine additional data collection and reporting requirements.
- Employ new and existing tools to independently interpret, analyze and visualize multi-dimensional data including data from next generation sequencing methodologies such as single cell transcriptomics, ChIP-Seq, and ATAC-Seq.
- Independently develop hypotheses based on the data analysis and define subsequent analyses and data collection to be performed.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and eliminate root cause for data problems or justify solutions to be implemented by others.
- Create complex charts and databases, perform statistical analyses, and develop graphs and tables for publication, presentation, and grant applications with minimal supervision.
- Train laboratory staff and students to perform basic data analysis using standard packages.
- Maintain, update and improve the laboratory websites.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor's, MS or PhD in Bioinformatics, Biology or a related field with at least three years of relevant experience
- Strong background in bioinformatics, including the analysis of next-generation sequencing data, single-cell resolution data, and multi-omics datasets.
- Experience and comfort working within a UNIX/Linux environment
- Background in programming languages such as Python or R.
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Experience preparing complex figures and tables, performing advance statistical analyses, and writing for publications and presentations.
- Background in common cell and molecular biology assays
- A background in lung biology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as bioinformatics, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4752
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89836
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency