Event Coordinator - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (147423)
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an Event Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Event Management (70%)
- Oversee game day operations for Wrestling, Cross Country, and Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
- Facilitate and coordinate operations for all Armory events and meets
- Assist with game day operations of football and various men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports in multiple athletic facilities
- Plan and coordinate NCAA, Big Ten, and Illinois High School Association championships events
- Assist with all special projects assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Event Management
- Oversee budgets for various game day accounts and championship events including the approval of expenditures prior to an event and the reconciliation of invoices after an event
- Complete balanced budgets for Big Ten and NCAA Championships as well as operational budgets set by the Assistant Athletic Director for Event Management
Strategic Leadership (25%)
- Coordinate hiring, training and scheduling of all Armory staff
- Support hiring and training of the game day event staff who serve as security, ticket takers and ushers at all Division of Intercollegiate Athletic events
- Implement initiatives that foster positive customer service from seasonal employees
- Work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Required: Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology, Athletic Administration, Communication or related field.
Required: One year of professional work experience in Events Planning, Conference Management, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or any other related field in a collegiate athletic environment. Demonstrated experience working game days at NCAA Division 1 varsity sporting events which include football.
Preferred: Knowledge and experience in the coordination and staging of large customer service events. Proficiency in using computer programs for developing training materials, manuals, and communications materials (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position
- Professional attitude
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Self-direction and initiative
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Events Administrator Associate position appointed on a -month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Applications must be received by June 21, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Krissy Doran at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Category:2-Administrative Title:Event Coordinator - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (147423) Open Date:06/07/2021 Close Date:06/21/2021 Organization Name:Intercollegiate Athletics