Assistant of Operations
Working Title: Assistant of Operations
Duke University is accepting applications for the position of Assistant of Softball Operations. Duke University is a NCAA Division I Institution and a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC).
This position will support the softball program at Duke University with off the field activities including, assisting with administrative duties, coordination of team travel and team operations, while effectively serving the Department of Athletics and assisting the Head Softball Coach. This position will include roles and responsibilities that will help effectively manage the day-to-day operations of a Division I softball program in accordance with NCAA, the ACC Conference and Duke University policies and procedures.
The candidate must possess the necessary knowledge and experience of office administrative tasks. The primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Coordinate team travel and team meals
· Assist with video operations and film review
· Managing the programs calendar and written communication
· Assist with compliance responsibilities
· Assist with camps and clinics coordination
· Coordinate community engagement, marketing, and advertising efforts
· Assist with the planning and coordination of special events and recruiting arrangements
**This is a part time paid position that requires weekend, evening and possible holiday hours.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or previous collegiate softball or baseball playing or coaching experience is preferred.
· Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage young women.
· Effective written and verbal communication
· Knowledge of NCAA Softball rules
· Knowledge of Photoshop, Publisher or equivalent for graphic design
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills needed
How to Apply:
Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references online at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply for Requisition Number 124642. For more information on Duke University Athletics please go to: goduke.com.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Duke
Athletics has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and is actively seeking to increase the racial and ethnic diversity of our staff.
Work requires a knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles to perform routine clerical/office support duties normally acquired through a high school education.
None required above minimum education/training requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.