LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
This Position is Fully Grant Funded
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Lab Research Analyst I
- Confer with principal investigator in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results and the preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication
- Independently evaluate and analyze collected data and prepare reports, analyses, and presentations.
- Independently conduct a variety of duties in the planning, development and implementation of experimental procedures such as: development of DNA libraries, library screening on yeast and mammalian display and recombinant protein expression and purification.
- Perform QC of data collected by other members of the lab
- Supervise, train, and instruct students or lower level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Evaluate scientific literature and recommend new techniques and experimental approaches.
- Represent the laboratory in interactions with other departments/laboratories
- Work with various investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities.
- Perform general laboratory management (laboratory supply ordering, maintaining biosafety protocols, etc.). Manage laboratory databases and folders and liaison with IT.
- Perform ordering responsibilities for the laboratory, including taking inventory, restocking, submitting orders, managing samples and coordinating with other lab members regarding their specific research needs
- Perform other laboratory or data management duties, including laboratory maintenance tasks, as requested by the Principal Investigator
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Education/Training: Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related scientific field.
- Experience: Work requires two years of research experience. A related master's degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., a two year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.