Commercialization FellowVacancy ID:
IEED - Office Tech Commercial - 201401Position Type:
Postdoctoral ScholarSalary Range:
$50,000 - $52,000Full-time/Part-time:
Full TimeProposed Start Date:
06/21/2021Estimated Duration of Appointment:
12 MonthsPosting Open Date:
06/07/2021Posting Close Date:
06/20/2021Open Until Filled:
Chapel Hill, NCPosition Summary:
THIS POSTING IS FOR TWO POSTDOC POSITIONS. BY APPLYING TO THIS POSTING, YOU ARE APPLYING FOR BOTH POSITIONS. Fellowship position in technology transfer with emphasis on management and commercialization of university intellectual property. Opportunity to gain significant experience assessing new technologies, creating marketing summaries, actively marketing technologies, negotiating license agreements, and interacting directly with university researchers. One year program with option for an additional year contingent upon funding and meeting performance criteria. Reports to Director of Technology Commercialization, Office of Commercialization and Economic Development in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development. This is an ideal position for a recent PhD graduate or post-doc who wants to transition from the laboratory to a business-focused role in technology transfer.Educational Requirements:
PhD in life or health-science related field.Qualifications and Experience:
This position requires:
- The ability to understand a wide range of science and technology within the medical device, diagnostic and life science fields.
- A strong team oriented focus.
- The ability to work independently and set work priorities with minimal supervision over regular work activities.
- Strong project management skills, with an acute attention to detail and ability to organize and communicate complex information.
- The ability to establish and manage many projects and relationships simultaneously across a broad range of technologies and markets.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- The ability to build rapport and trust with faculty and colleagues.
- The ability to interact with both academic scientists and business executives and also demonstrate familiarity with intellectual property licensing and technology commercialization in industry or academic setting.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions:
For information on UNC Postdoctoral Benefits and Services click here