Permanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?:
Business Officer - ContributingWorking Title:
Financial AnalystPosition Number:
P012523Budgeted Hiring Range:
$49,514 - $57,000Pay Band Information:
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent:
Full-Time Time-LimitedHours per week:
Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Department Name and Number:
LCCC - Clinical Trials-426806Date First Posted:
Chapel Hill, NCPosition Posting Category:
The UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, founded in 1975, is a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center. The Center’s mission is to reduce cancer occurrence and death in North Carolina and the nation through research, treatment, training and outreach.Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description:
THIS IS A REPOST. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS ARE STILL BEING CONSIDERED AND NEED NOT REAPPLY.
This position is assigned to Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Clinical Protocol Office and performs the following:
• Review and negotiation of complex clinical trial budgets and payment term arrangements for clinical research funding received by the University from federal sponsors as well as private for-profit and not-for profit sponsors, including business, industry, associations, and foundations in order to initiate clinical trial research at UNC.
• Consultation with faculty Investigators and staff regarding the nature of each clinical trial and the impact of unique aspects of trials on the clinical and scientific requirements contained in the protocols, budgets and other study documents, to ensure budget and overall agreement represent accurate and regulatory compliant agreements that best represents the interests of the University and the Investigator.
• Keeping abreast of new developments in research administration policies and requirements in order to serve as an up-to-date source of information, guidance, and training for the campus and research community. Work with UNC Office of Clinical Trial (OCT) and Office of Industry Contracts (OIC) to remain current on University policy, external regulations and guidance including CMS, NCD and all other relevant guidance and policy
• Monitoring cross-functional hand-offs to ensure study activation timelines remain on track while sharing key information with stakeholders throughout process.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or related business area; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of general contracts.
• Demonstrated ability to independently negotiate and communicate effectively, efficiently and diplomatically, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task, and prioritize high-volume work load with minimal supervision while maintaining a positive and collaborative approach
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external offices and individuals. Flexibility a “can-do” mindset, and the ability to function in an entrepreneurial research setting are essential.
• Knowledge and appreciation of University structure, practices, policies and procedures
• Demonstrated experience in a clinical trial setting with industry sponsors and/or with negotiation of a variety of industry funded clinical agreements
• Self-directed with sound judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying policies and procedures. Team player with ability to work independently, prudently and collaboratively
• Master’s degree preferred
• UNC experience preferred
Overtime occasionally, Weekend work occasionallyStimulus/ARRA Funded: