UTS- Temporary Summer Housekeeping 2021 Pool at NC State
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
Candidates will be responsible for performing routine manual housekeeping work cleaning various areas within campus. Main responsibilities may include but will not be limited to: cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, sweeping, and vacuuming floors, stairwells and hallways; cleaning lavatories; washing windows; moving furniture to thoroughly clean areas; collecting and removing trash.
This position will start on May 17, 2021, and will last until August 15, 2021.Is Time Limited:
NoJob City & State:
Raleigh, NCClassification Title:
UTS- Temporary Summer Housekeeping 2021 Pool at NC StateWork Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. Additional over time and weekends will be added as needed and will be required*Other Work/Responsibilities:
• Performing routine manual housekeeping work cleaning various areas within campus.
• Cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, sweeping, and vacuuming floors, stairwells and hallways; cleaning lavatories; washing windows; moving furniture to thoroughly clean areas; collecting and removing trash.
Working some weekends will be required. It will not be every weekend, but the weekends assigned will be non-negotiable.Minimum Experience/Education:
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 months of experience in Housekeeping- Knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work (with or without reasonable accommodation); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Department Required Skills:
• Must have working knowledge of housekeeping and cleaning procedures including the proper utilization of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• Must be able to read, write and follow direct written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to visually inspect work area to assure it has been cleaned.
• Walking, bending, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
• 6+ months of professional housekeeping experience.Required License or Certification:
• Some sections may require a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.Valid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$10 hr.Job Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.