International Programs Assistant (MENA Region)
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
This position serves a key role in providing mentoring, program organization and administrative support to a program hosting a group of 12-20 Saudi Arabian students at NC State University through a Foundation Year Program. This two-semester program is overseen by the Global Training Initiative (GTI) and the Intensive English Program (IEP). It is designed to help recent high school graduates from Saudi Arabia apply for admissions to universities in the USA and adapt to the culture of the United States and he social and educational model of American universities.
1.Mentor, accompany and support a group students as they transition to life in the USA.
2.Support the overall organization of the program including scheduling, room reservations, event and class organization, and communication with the sponsoring organization.
3.Keep abreast of, and communicate any urgent student issues to GTI, IEP and/or sponsoring agency staff.
4.Help organize and participate in social and cultural activities
5.Helps maintain and contribute to social media platforms
NoJob City & State:
Global Training InitiativeClassification Title:
Project ManagerWorking Title:
International Programs Assistant (MENA Region)Work Schedule:
8-5 M-F; evening and weekend hours are possible.Other Work/Responsibilities:
The position will be a mix of in-office, on-site and remote modalities.
1) Provide assistance and logistical support (scheduling, transportation, program coordination, communications, etc.) for other GTI programs, workshops, and lectures
2) Participate in departmental meetings and functions
Bachelor’s degreeDepartment Required Skills:
1) Demonstrated rapport with foreign nationals and university students
2) Empathy and patience for students living through a cultural transition
3) Ability to listen to personal issues, remain discreet and direct towards support resources when needed
4) Outstanding oral and written communication skills
5) Excellent computer and technology skills
1) Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
2) Foreign language and/or overseas life/work experience preferred
3) Knowledge of Arabic language and culture
4) ) Experience with student mentoring, counseling or program facilitation
5) Experience with the setup, management, and delivery of multicultural programs
6) Familiarity with NC State University and the Raleigh area (or willing to learn)
7) Ability to drive 15 passenger vans or larger vehicles
NC Driver’s License required; or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.Valid NC Driver's License required?:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$20/hourJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.