Postdoctoral Research Scholar - NCFIL
110309 - NC Food Innovation LabDepartment:
110309 - NC Food Innovation LabJob City & State:
Kannapolis, NCEssential Job Duties:
The NC Food Innovation Lab Executive Director Dr. Bill Aimutis is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the lab as a Postdoctoral Research Scholar. The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in the group related to food proteins to improve manufacturing processes and physical functionality. The position will be responsible for general laboratory management including but not limited to instrument maintenance, ordering and management of supplies and work flows through the lab. The incumbent will coordinate and/or conduct multiple, concurrent assignments or a multi-faceted project. The Postdoc will assist in preparation technical reports, grant proposal, manuscripts and presentations including development of independent research objectives. The Postdoc will also assist in the training and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students.
This position is located in Kannapolis, NC.Other Work/Responsibilities:
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pmDepartment Required Skills:
- PhD in Food Science, Nutrition Science, Plant Sciences, Chemistry/Biochemistry, or a related field.
- Experience in extraction and analysis of proteins from foods.
- Procurement and management of laboratory supplies as well as shared responsibility for EH&S and safety regulation compliance.
- Assisting in the mentorship of graduate students and staff with PI.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills with ability to develop manuscripts, assist in preparation of grant proposals and presentations.
- Analytical chemistry skills as appropriate for characterization of plant or animal derived proteins, foods and biological matrices .
- Knowledge in plant science, biochemistry, food science and technology, human nutrition is preferred.
- Experience with characterization of plant-based proteins.
- Experience in membrane filtration.
- Working experience in twin screw extrusion.
- Valid NC Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire.
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with ExperienceJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.