Accounts Payable Coordinator
Accounts Payable CoordinatorAnticipated Hiring Range:
$38,300 - $43,000Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm; some additional hours over 40 and weekend work is required.Job Location:
Campus EnterprisesAbout the Department:
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
For more information on NC State’s Campus Enterprises, visit our website: https://campusenterprises.ncsu.edu/Essential Job Duties:
This position is primarily responsible for all aspects of NC State Dining’s Accounts Payable. High volume Accounts Payable (typically indicated by 500+ invoices/credit memos per week). This Accounting Technician position assists the Campus Enterprises Accounting Manager in working on projects with various Campus Enterprises Divisions and University departments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Audit and input a high volume of invoices and credit memos for multiple locations into QuickBooks ensuring proper expense codes are utilized.
- Prepare multiple check runs per week that total up to $500,000.
- Run accounts payable reports and verifies data entry is correct prior to weekly check run.
- Independently code invoices and credit memos to the appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Review and post inventory and labor transfers in the general ledger.
- Daily, weekly and/or monthly reconciliation of all vendor statements, researching and communicating discrepancies with vendors.
- Resolve vendor disputes in in a professional manner.
- Work closely with department management to obtain proper approval prior to entering in payment.
- Prepare all appropriate documentation for Royalty and Licensee payments.
- Model the Division’s mission and values, introduce the Division’s mission and values to the employees, and foster a positive, cohesive workplace and congeniality among co-workers.
- Understand the goals and culture of the organization, and understand how employees’ work activities, teamwork, and customer service impact clients. Work with your supervisor and colleagues to understand these goals and the culture.
- Adhere to all University policies, procedures, and regulations, and Division standard operating practices and protocols.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Other Required Qualifications:
Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, or similar software, to create reports and to monitor, track audit and reconcile
Experience with high volume accounts payable (typically indicated by 500+ invoices/credit memos per week)
Ability to reconcile daily, weekly, monthly statements and review discrepancies with vendors for resolution
Effective and professional communication skills with vendors and internal staff. Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to resolve problems and make independent decisions.
Ability to handle data in a confidential manner
Analytical thinker and problem solver. Ability to quickly recognize discrepancies and understand how to resolve appropriately
Deadline driven with sense of urgency
Ability to research, summarize, analyze and maintain accurate data
Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills, high accuracy, initiative, attention to detail, analytical skills requires ability to process high volume of accounts payablePreferred Qualifications:
Working knowledge of Quickbooks, NC State University’s Financial Reporting System (WRS), as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience with CBORD.
Demonstrated experience with at least two years with accounts payable and reconciliations.Required License or Certification:
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
06/07/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
If you submit a resume, please make sure the work history listed on your application matches the work history provided on your resume.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Accounting TechnicianPosition Classification Band Level:
JourneyPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $59,049Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
470101 - Campus EnterprisesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.