Full Time Faculty- Communication Department (Fall Semester) - Bunker Hill Community College
Location: Boston, MA Category: Faculty Posted On: Mon Jun 7 2021 Job Description:
Bunker Hill Community College seeks a full-time, tenure-track Communication Faculty. The College is looking for an enthusiastic, cutting-edge professional with teaching credentials and experience to lead the Communication Program of Study. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a growing area. The successful candidate must be current in the field, learner-centered and innovative, with a history of teaching experience as well as curriculum and program development.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements:
BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
- Teach a range of courses in Communication, including professional communication, interpersonal communication, media analysis and digital media.
- Foster an equity-minded, learner-centered environment that values and sustains students' cultural wealth.
- Teach in different modalities, including online, hybrid and remote.
- Use new technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to complement and supplement instruction.
- Work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies.
- Teach in learning communities as appropriate.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom using outcomes-based assessments.
- Participate in periodic curriculum and program review, assessment, development and modification.
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Master's degree in Communication required. Master's degree or doctorate in a closely related field with core coursework in Communication will be considered if graduate transcript(s) are submitted with application.
- Experience in college-level teaching of Communication required; community college teaching experience preferred.
- Understanding of anti-bias and willingness to learn about and implement culturally responsive curricula and teaching practices.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
- Experience in curriculum design and program development preferred.
- Experience in the professional practice of Communication preferred.
- Demonstrated success teaching in different modalities such as online, hybrid and remote learning preferred.
Effective date: This position will begin on September 1, 2021.
Salary Range: $50,000.00-$60,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
To ensure consideration, application materials must be received by July 10, 2021