Seasider Activities Promotions Specialist/Planner
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-07
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
This position is to assist in development, coordination and implementation of marketing/promotional plans for the Seasider Activities program at Brigham Young University - Hawaii. Also, this position will assist with maintaining and increasing student participation amongst social media accounts, lead and do promotional videos at Seasider Activities Events.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in management, development and implementation of all marketing and promotional tools and resources to achieve targets for student audience, such as assist in graphic design, videography and photography.
- Assists in the development and growth of student participation in Seasider Activities through developing and maintaining interdepartmental relationships with other key persons.
- Assists in the development of event planning and works well unsupervised.
- Assists in creating and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and partnerships.
- Ensures students are in honor code and ensures safety of students.
- Works various hours of the day depending on each event and activity.
- Reports directly to the Student Supervisor/or SSA coordinator.
- Attends Weekly Team Meetings with Supervisor and the team.
- Delegates and Monitors information/advertising/promotions filtered down to the Programmers ensuring updated accuracy at all times.
- Involved in Recruiting/Training Volunteers for Promotions/Marketing/Ushering.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Adheres and lives the University Honor Code values.
- Clean record with Honor Office. Experience promoting a major concert.
- Has a U.S. valid current state driver’s license and be a University certified driver.
- Experience with Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and campuslabs: ENGAGE
- Experience in office environment and office operations technology.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in recruiting, training, delegating, and retaining volunteers on a large scale. Experience in drafting proposals, contracts, and organizing files.
- Experience as a project manager and coordinating events with various entities Experience in Advertising, Marketing, and Promotions.
- Experience collecting data, working with a budget, expense reports, maintaining accurate records and assessments. Positive Work Hard attitude while interacting well with other employees within a department.
The student employee must agree to a minimum period of employment, as determined by the employer, based upon the departmental needs. The student employee is expected to give a semester's notice prior to leaving. 3 semesters or longer