Assistant/Associate/Professor - Part Time
Job Title: Assistant/Associate/Professor - Part Time
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 228316
Job Information Job ID: 228316Position: 20000436
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Co-lead the screening clinic and work with students to process and screen new potential patients at the Dental College of Georgia. Evaluate the potential needs of the screening patients categorically. Maintain appropriate Axium records. Evaluate the experience requests from the student and match them with the appropriate patient and complete administrative processes accordingly. Engage in ongoing QA efforts, to include chart audits, and data gathering to enhance process
- Maintain scholarly activity to the extent to at least be eligible for promotion according to the DCG Promotion and Tenure guidelines
- Provide service to USG, AU and the dental profession through participation on school and university committees; participation in local, regional, and national professional organizations by serving on committees and other opportunities to represent the DCG at these levels. Attend and provide dental CE to demonstrate life-long learning.
- Screen patients in the patient acquisition clinic for suitability with the teaching and mission of the Dental College of Georgia. Examine radiographs and determine if specialty referral is needed for urgent care. Determine appropriate categorization of the patient and determine suitability for the student program. Includes administrative activity to support clinical services. Maintain compliance with E.H.R. audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements DMD /DDS and/or PhD, or foreign equivalent from an accredited college or university with additional advanced studies in oral health care with significant clinical experiences.Shift/Salary Salary and academic rank to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate.Recruitment Period: 6/2/2021 until filledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.Compliance with AU Confidentiality Policies:
- All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.
How To Apply To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Certifications This position requires the individual to be licensed provider as regulated by the Georgia Board of Dentistry.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University