Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228296
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use sound judgement and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Ability to interact with subjects (recruitment and testing), supervisor (daily), other research personnel (daily)
- Ability to handle issues involving lab work and ensuring that the research assistants and other employees are performing their duties in accordance with proper policies and procedures
- Techniques and skills include, but are not limited to,study design, population statistics, computational analyses, bioinformatics such as genomics for epigenomics. Teach and participate in complex qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as data analysis.
- The research associate will be expected to be involved in the coordination of data collection, data entry, data mining and data management as well as sample storage and inventory.
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines. Recruitment of study subjects and booking of appointments: this project involves recruitment of apparently health human subjects and patients with chronic diseases.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature, summarize and evaluate findings, develop derivative applications of proposals developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, students and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, and operate computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment, instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.