Faculty Part-time - Criminal Justice
Job no: 508758
Position type: Faculty Part Time/Adjunct
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited - Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Criminal Justice
Applications Open: Jun 07 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The School of Criminology and Justice Studies at the University of Massachusetts Lowell invites applications for adjunct faculty members to teach within the School’s undergraduate program beginning in the Fall 2021 semester. Specific courses to be covered include the following:
CRIM.3950 Statistics in Criminal Justice
For a more detailed description of these courses, please visit: https://www.uml.edu/Catalog/Undergraduate/FAHSS/Departments/Criminal-Justice/Course-listing.aspx
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Masters degree in criminology, criminal justice, or a related social science discipline
• College-level teaching experience, including having served as instructor of record for one or more courses comparable to those listed in the position summary
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to speak and write English clearly
• Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with diverse groups of students
• Relevant professional experience connected to course material
• Prior experience teaching UMass Lowell students
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will close after an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.