Director of Alumni Events
Director of Alumni Events Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 23396037 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $61,600 - $121,200 Position Information The Director of Alumni Events is independently responsible for developing and directing a comprehensive events program to actively engage UCR alumni and friends to advance University Advancement objectives in support of UCR. Identify, conceptualize, plan, and implement new programs that strengthen relationships and help to build a culture of philanthropy through engagement. Develop and implement strategic plans and processes that grow and strengthen the impact of the alumni events through the University of California, Riverside Alumni Association (UCRAA) and the Office of Alumni Engagement. Manage and maintain event costs within budgetary constraints. The budgeted hiring maximum is up to $70,000. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required Minimum of 5 years in volunteer management/alumni relations. Preferred
Minimum Requirements Advanced knowledge of issues of concern in higher education.
Advanced knowledge of practices and procedures associated with building and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of alumni, internal and external constituencies.
Active listening skills, including advanced critical thinking and analytical skills.
Advanced project management skills, including skills to plan and implement successful events.
Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including skill to produce information that is appropriately presented and effectively received by target constituencies.
Skill to recognize potential areas of constituency concern and address, resolve and/or mitigate problems or issues.
Advanced knowledge of assigned area of responsibility, for example, the campus scientific community.
Preferred Qualifications Advanced knowledge of the campus, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements, issues of concern and infrastructure.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position