Requisition Number:31051Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Part-TimePosting Close Date:01-Aug-2021Date Posted:16-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryCU Boulder encourages applications for Campus Bus Driver-CDL! This position fulfills the transit services for campus either through completing routine routes or contracts for special transportation needs. Once certified to operate specific vehicles, the incumbent shall ensure prompt transit for campus affiliates and guests in consideration of their needs, vehicle operational capacity and road conditions.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreTransportation Services provides comprehensive transit, fleet management, and maintenance to serve the faculty, staff, students, and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder. The University of Colorado vehicle fleet numbers over 600; a robust transit system moving 1.4 million riders per year at the University of Colorado-Boulder campus; and guidance for driver operations for campuses located in Aurora, Boulder, and Denver.
As such, we have the unique opportunity to influence the impressions of every member of our university community and our visitors. We are team-oriented professionals, dedicated to meeting the needs of our community and providing the highest possible customer service. Experience dynamic growth, self-directed efforts, and a challenging but rewarding industry.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeVehicle Operations:
Safely transports people using university vehicles the incumbent meets certification to operate. The incumbent shall navigate a variety of routine and contracted routes on a time schedule with passenger safety, road, and traffic concerns, as well as vehicle operational capacity under consideration. Reports:
Completes pre-and post-trip inspection results on the appropriate forms, ensuring all forms are filled out properly for CDL paperwork. This includes, but is not limited to, recording passenger count, mileage, fuel, and other fluid usages and completion of a statistical summary by the route. Vehicle Inspections:
Conducts pre-and post-trip safety inspections to confirm vehicles' suitability for route completion. Incumbent may add fluids and perform other maintenance tasks if needed. However, should a vehicle fail during a pre-trip inspection or during a route, the driver will evaluate or operate a suitable alternative, as well as notify dispatch and appropriate management. Other Duties:
Unspecified duties directed by supervisors to maintain the operational readiness of the department. Completes continuing education to establish or maintain proficiency in-vehicle operation capacities.What You Should Know
- The Buff Bus service runs every day of the week for up to 22 hours a day. This position may be required to work alternative shifts to accommodate our commitment to serving campus. Hours are guaranteed year-round with minimal split shifts.
- This is a 75% FTE position that guarantees a minimum of 30 hours per week year-round. However, during class semesters (approximately 30 weeks of the year) drivers will normally be scheduled for 40 hours per week. During the year there are opportunities to work more than 40 hours a week.
- If you are referred to us by a current CU employee, the current employee will be eligible for a one-time $500 bonus paid out after the new hire reaches 6 months of employment.
What We Can OfferWe offer a competitive compensation package including the following:
- The hourly rate is $19.02/hour for this 75% FTE position.
- One-time $1,000 sign-on bonus paid out after 6 months of employment.
- We offer full benefits—check out our total compensation calculator to forecast your amount.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Challenged. Be Visionary. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A or B license without air brake restriction.
- Two years of experience operating equipment appropriate to the work assignment, reduced to 6-months of experience operating a transit bus such as HOP, RTD (including its fixed-route contractors), or a school bus.
What You Will Need
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- CDL with passenger endorsement.
- Prior experience operating transit buses.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full-time or part-time work. 2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by August 1, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]