Mental Health Clinician (Professional Expert/Licensed Professional IV)
Mental Health Clinician (Professional Expert/Licensed Professional IV)
Posting Number: 069
Department: Human Resources
Employee Classification: Short Term/Temporary
Open Date: 06/04/2021
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled No
There are three (3) available vacancies.
This opportunity has a flexible schedule of 20-40 hours per week based on availability and operational needs.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Anticipated start date is July 1, 2021. This position is funded through June 30, 2022 with the potential of being extended.
A Mt. San Antonio College on-line application must be submitted and may be obtained online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu.
Health & Welfare:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates the provision and delivery of mental health services to Mt. San Antonio College staff, including serving as the District’s primary resource on mental health concerns and strategies.
2. Conducts one-on-one therapy sessions, as well as, group sessions, per scope of practice; develops treatment plans as appropriate.
3. Creates recorded videos on mental health topics and other resources for the college’s mental health website
4. Provides virtual and in-person mental health workshops
5. Serves as a resource and liaison for the college community on issues of mental health promotion, including resource material development, committee membership, and presentations for the general campus community.
6. Provides crisis intervention, evaluation and referral to community services; collaborates with community psychological evaluation teams and mental health providers as needed.
7. Collaborates with the campus crisis response team as necessary or requested
8. Teaches suicide prevention strategies to the campus community.
9. Develops and maintains clinical protocols in accordance with current standards of care.
10. Gathers data on a regular basis to determine campus trends and needs, and recommends program modifications in response to identified needs.
11. Establishes relationships with community health providers for the purpose of serving as referral agencies.
12. Evaluates, maintains, and updates a variety of mental health-related records and files.
13. Compiles information and health statistics data for reports.
14. Provides health related information to health care and social service providers as requested.
15. Maintains accurate records of activities and services provided.
16. Learns and applies emerging technologies and, as necessary, to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be: Equivalent to a Doctorate in Psychology or a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with major coursework in social work, clinical psychology, marriage and family therapy, or related field, and three (3) years of experience in an acute mental health care setting or private practice.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
The incumbent may periodically be required to travel to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Possession of California licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist or Clinical Psychologist.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Pre-Employment Physical Exams is a requirement; clearance for employment will be authorized by Human Resources.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report 2017
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through the Office of Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected]
DO NOT include photographs or any demographic information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Human Resources Analyst
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The start date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/8291
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency