Target Hire Date
05/18/2021 - 22 days ago
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The Admission Counselor will assist the Office of Undergraduate Admission with its efforts to successfully recruit, select, and enroll a talented student body.
To help the team achieve these goals, the incumbent will have to exercise a high level of independent judgment, that is required to review applications for undergraduate admission, conduct recruitment travel, as well as advise and counsel prospective students, school counselors and other constituencies regarding the admission process and academic programs at Emerson College. Depending on the selected candidate's skills and interests, they may assist with overseeing on-campus school counselor programming; recruitment for transfer, international, or multicultural students; customer service initiatives; merit scholarship selection and communication; and/or other important projects.
Extensive evening and weekend availability is required to conduct recruitment travel and provide office coverage during peak seasons.
Reporting to: Senior Associate & Operational Director of Undergraduate Admission
Direct Reports: None
Students Supervise: None
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Recruitment Travel: Plan and execute approximately 6-8 weeks of fall recruitment travel and 2-3 weeks of spring recruitment travel for specific geographic areas as assigned. Travel activities include, but are not limited to, conducting information sessions, visiting high schools to connect with prospective students and school counselors, and attending college fairs
- Application Process and Review: Evaluate applications for undergraduate admission based on the College's recruiting goals and standards
- General Counselor Responsibilities: Advise and counsel prospective students, school counselors, and other constituencies regarding the admission process and academic programs. The incumbent will be required to attend all campus-based recruitment events and serve as “Counselor of the Day” (assist with phone calls and/or conduct on-campus information sessions on assigned days)
- Project Management: Oversight or assisting oversight with an area of importance (marketing/social media; events; communication efforts; recruitment for multicultural or international students; customer service initiatives; merit scholarship selection; and more)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license
- 1-2 years of experience in college admissions or a related field
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and counseling skills
- Excellent public speaking ability and willingness to present to both large and small groups.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, to a diverse array of audiences
- Willingness to learn and use technology for presentations, email communications, application review and other job-related duties
- Experience using Windows and/or Apple operating systems and the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently and as part of a team
- High ability to use independent judgment, that is required to make independent and holistic decisions across all aspects of the admission funnel
- Knowledge of Emerson College programs and services
- Previous work experience in a college or university office, as a student or professional employee
- Experience with Technolutions Slate product or similar Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience recruiting students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to speak a second language
Work Environment and Position Demands:
- Physical Place and Existing Conditions: Usual Office Conditions
- Intellectual and Mental Concentration for extended periods of time: Requires long periods of mental concentration. Requires the ability to effectively communicate in person and through communication media
- Requires constant coordination of Mental and Visual Attention: Yes
- Requires ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time: Yes
- Requires ability to lift and move objects that are: Up to 25 lbs.
- Requires ability to move materials: Occasionally
- Requires working in difficult physical positions and body contortions: No
- Amount of time required to travel to do this job: Moderate (40% of the time)
Grade of Position: A14E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $42,750.00 - $44,700.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Admission-Counselor_JR002665
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency