Job No: 496734
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Enrollment - Admissions & Financial Aid
The Admissions Counselor is a member of the staff of the Office of Admissions and contributes to the overall recruitment efforts of Bucknell University. Responsibilities include representing Bucknell to a wide and diverse audience on and off campus, traveling several weeks each year, corresponding with prospective students and their families, and participating in the review and selection of Bucknell applicants. The Admissions Counselor reports to the Senior Associate Dean of Admissions, and works in collaboration with the Dean of Admissions and other Admissions team members.
All Admissions team members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To learn more about admissions at Bucknell, please visit their website here.
Recruitment & Territory Management -
The Admissions Counselor will contribute to the overall recruitment efforts of the Office of Admissions at Bucknell University.
- Manage territory, including all recruiting and yield activities, within designated geographic areas. This entails admissions travel to participate in college fairs and high school visits, correspondence with a wide spectrum of constituencies including but not limited to students, parents, guidance counselors, and community-based organizations.
- Build, maintain, and strengthen a support network consisting of alumni, parents, and friends of the University within designated territories.
- Manage special interest group(s) to enhance the scope of recruitment to enroll and shape a diverse first-year class.
- Collaborate and partner with faculty, staff, and current students to recruit and yield prospective students.
- Review and evaluate applications from a highly competitive applicant pool.
- Assist in the daily operation of the office and serve as a Counselor of the Day, conducting group presentations and meeting individuals and families as needed.
- Contribute to the dialogue with secondary school officials on behalf of the University.
- Correspond with prospective students and their families. Involve alumni in the recruiting process.
- Conduct on-going prospect management with potential Bucknell applicants.
Other Professional Responsibilities -
- Assist with program and project needs as determined by the Senior Associate and Dean of Admissions.
- Remain knowledgeable, current, and responsive to changes in office protocol and procedure.
- Attend Admissions staff meetings and retreats as requested.
- Participate in professional development opportunities, conferences, and other activities, as requested and approved.
- Serve on other University committees, task forces, and advisory boards, as requested.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor or Dean of Admissions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of and appreciation for highly selective liberal arts institutions
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, work with sensitive issues, and exercise good judgment under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in an organized and efficient manner in an environment that requires one to be able to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to take initiative and be creative
Some evening and weekend work will be required, so the Admissions Counselor must be committed to working flexible hours to meet office needs.
- Previous experience in college admissions
- Experience with managing staff, student interns, student workers or volunteers
The ability to lift boxes weighing up to 30 lbs. is required.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496734/admissions-counselor
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency