Manager, Admissions Visitor Center
Manager, Admissions Visitor Center
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Manager, Admissions Visitor Center
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
As a key member of the Office of Admissions, the Manager - Admissions Visitor Center will serve as the daily on-site operational lead for the Admissions Visitor Center (AVC), which welcomes ~80,000 in-person and ~40,000 virtual visitors annually. The Manager will coordinate all logistical elements of daily campus visit programming, which includes but is not limited to room reservations and calendars, staff scheduling, and use of our customer relationship management (CRM) system. The Manager will oversee front-of-house operations of the AVC to ensure that visitors experience high-level customer service, including training front desk personnel; managing inventory, supplies, and vendor relationships; and coordinating facilities requests. The Manager will also support the continuation of hybrid and virtual visit programming. The Manager will report to the Director of the AVC.
The Manager will perform clerical duties related to data entry and research and will support the Director with the annual operating budget for the AVC. The Manager will also support fellow team members on initiatives involving student staffing and volunteer management related to the delivery of campus visit programming. The Manager will staff the front desk as needed and will provide high-level customer service by responding to in-person, phone, and email inquiries about the University and to provide information on the admissions process.
- Serve as the daily on-site lead for the Admissions Visitor Center
- Plan and coordinate logistical elements of the daily visit experience
- Oversee all front-of-house operations, including training of front desk personnel
- Provide high-level customer service by responding to in-person, phone, and email inquiries about the University and to provide information on the admissions process
- Support fellow members of the AVC team on initiatives involving student staffing and volunteer management
- Perform clerical duties, such as, data entry, filing, and research
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
A bachelor's degree is required. The successful applicant for the Manager position will have at least 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in a customer service environment; familiarity with college admissions and/or higher education is preferred. The successful candidate will have demonstrated an eye for detail, service orientation, adaptability, accountability, collaboration, organization, event/project management, and the ability to prioritize projects in a high-volume, dynamic, and timeline-driven process. The successful candidate will be intrinsically motivated, and will have demonstrated ability to be a problem-solver, to think on one's feet, and to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to work as part of a goal-oriented team and will be interested in working with undergraduate students. Knowledge of virtual event delivery platforms and with a customer relationship management (CRM) system preferred. Strong computer, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
The job requires the ability to work evenings and weekends.
Please include a Cover Letter along with your Resume to be considered for this position.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/College-Hall-Undergraduate-Admissions/Manager--Admissions-Visitor-Center_JR00033338
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency