Assistant Director of Student Accessibility Resource Center
Assistant Director of Student Accessibility Resource Center
Job ID: 227889
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0410401 - Student Accessibility Resource Center
Assist the Director with ensuring access for all students with disabilities.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Assist with transition and outreach services
- Address faculty and staff concerns regarding the implementation of accommodations
- Coordinate and oversee various accommodation processes for students with disabilities
- Maintain database
- Supervise Student Services Coordinator
- Independently carry out all duties associated with adaptive technology
- Assist with preparation and distribution of accommodation letters
- Serve on various institutional committees
- Interview students to evaluate or reevaluate needs, determine eligibility, and implement academic accommodations
- Make referrals for students to appropriate services on campus and in the community
- Bachelor's degree
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Master's degree in education, counseling, psychology, social science or related field
$44,400 - $50,500
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to identify and address problems, formulate rules, articulate policies and rules to internal and external constituents
- Ability to respond effectively to time-sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Exhibit personal code of ethics within professional practice
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Thorough knowledge of emerging trends and needs of students
- Depth of understanding of diversity and inclusiveness and how to communicate it across a broad range of people
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Problem-solving and team-building skills
Apply Before Date
June 14, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- The workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours including evenings and weekends
- Work in direct contact with a diverse and dynamic student population
- Occasional travel required
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=227889&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency