Diversity Fellowship Program
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Community College of Philadelphia is offering Visiting Lecturer Diversity Fellowship Opportunities for Nursing and Allied Health degree holders. We offer viable career planning in higher education, intentional mentoring, and a teaching component.
The Visiting Lecturer Diversity Fellowship is a paid academic-year full-time fellowship which offers a unique opportunity for individuals from historically underrepresented groups to gain valuable teaching experience, benefit from intentional mentorship, and raise their college profile. The program's primary objective is to increase diversity within academic departments at the College, consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of Community College of Philadelphia by helping to close the opportunity gap for faculty from underrepresented groups. The DFP for 2021-2022 will begin in Fall 2021 in two areas: Nursing and Allied Health.
Our mission is to prepare and support the next generation of visionary educators from underrepresented backgrounds to begin a long-time career and leadership trajectory in higher education.
We provide experienced adjuncts, new-to-the profession, and recent graduate students with long-term support to secure a position as a college professor, and eventually move into faculty leadership roles.
The deadline for all applications is Friday, July 2, 2021.
What we provide:
• A yearlong Visiting Lecturer teaching position that includes a salary and full benefits
• Upon successful completion of the fellowship, a guaranteed interview for a future full-time position within your discipline
• Assistance in securing a full-time teaching position such as independent and group coaching sessions, practice and preparation meetings.
• Opportunity to create and develop a project that addresses a diversity, inclusion, or equity concern
• Intentional mentoring, support, feedback
• Training on all course management systems
• Networking opportunities, support, and access to dedicated professionals at CCP.
• Committed to working for at least a year at CCP.
• Enthusiastic about working with our student population.
• Committed to attending all professional development workshops.
• Willing to participate and attend department meetings and serve on committees.
• Dedicated to developing a diversity, inclusion, or equity project under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Diversity Fellowship and in coordination with the department and the appropriate college division.
• Willing to learn, grow, and develop in a transformative career.
• For the Nursing position, qualified applicants must have a Master's degree in Nursing and a current, unencumbered, RN licensure in Pennsylvania. Current medical- surgical nursing experience of at least 3 years is required. Previous experience with both clinical and classroom teaching is desirable. Simulation experience is desirable. The successful applicant may teach classroom, skills laboratory, seminar and clinical experiences to a diverse student population in an integrated curriculum. Applicant should be prepared to teach in both a face to face and virtual environment.
• For the Allied Health position, qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in Health Science or a health related field with at least 2 years of demonstrated experience in Medical Assisting OR a Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration or Health Information Management and experience as a registered health information administrator or technician (RHIA or RHIT). The successful applicant will teach lecture-based courses delivered in an in-person format. Must be able to navigate electronic learning platforms.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Each candidate must submit with their application:
1. A CV and Cover Letter.
2. Name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
3. A short 500-700 word response to the following question:
"In what ways has your research, professional experience, or teaching experience informed your work with diversity and equity?"
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Job Posting Close Date