Advising Office Support
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
Advising Office SupportDepartment:
UNT-Information-Advis & Admiss-133200Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
The College of Information (COI) is home to the Departments of Information Science, Learning Technologies, and Linguistics, which have the collective mission to generate, integrate, and disseminate knowledge in a learner-centered environment.Position Summary:
This position will provide office support to the College of Information Advising team, including but not limited to:
- Screens and routes incoming calls and correspondence, responds independently and routes mail within the office.
- Greets visitors and serves as an initial point of contact for a variety of advising tasks.
- Assists advisors in issuing department course permissions.
- Acts as a resource in the resolution of confidential advising matters.
- Provides advising support on a variety of tasks which may include data entry and recordkeeping.
- Identifies and recommends improvements for office procedures.
- HS Diploma
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous office support experience
- Knowledge of UNT systems and programs
- Ability to work under pressure
M-F, between hours of 8-5Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Sitting, Writing, Talk or Hear, Ability to communicatePosting Number:
H282PQuicklink for Posting: