Assistant/Associate Professor & Chair of Sport Management
PositionAssistant/Associate Professor & Chair of Sport Management
Division:Division of Business
Department:Department of Sport Management
Reports to:Division Dean
Livingstone College seeks applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor & Chair of Sport Management to begin in August of 2019. Course instruction areas include but are not limited to: Introduction to sport management, sport law, sport ethics, sport finance, sport marketing, event and facility management, sport sales, marketing in recreation and sport, and sport consumer behavior.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach 9 credit hours per semester in addition to keeping 8 office hours each semester (Fall and Spring).
- Actively engage in student mentoring and advisement.
- Attend department and division meetings.
- Manage the department and supervise faculty within the department.
- Participate in grant writing.
- Find internship and job opportunities for students.
- Use technology to enhance student learning.
- Serve on college committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Division Dean
- Ph.D. in Sport Management preferred; Master’s degree will be considered if candidate has 18 graduate hours in Sport Mgmt.
- Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience;
- Strong communication skills a plus;
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and instruction;
- Dedication to providing quality instruction for all students.
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.