Position Instructor/Assistant Professor, Mathematics
Division: Mathematics and Science
Reports to: Chair, Department of Mathematics
A faculty member at Livingstone College has the primary function of teaching and then assessing student performance in the career discipline, and the continuous improvement of programs. Secondary functions include professional development and scholarly activities, mentoring and advising students and service to the College and profession. This is a full-time position requiring faculty to be on campus five days a week for instruction and/or office hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop course syllabi that align with curriculum goals and student learning outcomes in mathematics
• Use Blackboard as an instructional aide to teach, assess student performance, and post student grades
• Advise and register students; track student progress and performance
• Use innovative teaching techniques and technology to enhance learning experiences
• Contribute to curriculum and program development
• Work collaboratively with campus-wide services on student retention
• Assist students with enrollment related challenges or issues
• Assess course outcomes; student satisfaction, student retention and use results to improve program quality
• Attend required meetings
• Collaborate with the campus community and serve on campus-wide committees
• Participate in professional organizations and provide community service
• Work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as needed for Institution events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required: The Master’s degree in Mathematics or related area; Ph.D. preferred. A minimum three years teaching; higher education experience preferred.
Other skills and abilities include strong written and oral communication skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. Must be driven by the following values: Excellent Customer (Student) Service, Creativity, Quality, and Teamwork.
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College:
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.