Assistant/Associate Prof. Computer Science
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Science
Reports to: Dean
A Computer Science faculty member at Livingstone College has the primary function of teaching and then assessing student performance in the discipline, and the continuous improvement of programs. Secondary functions include professional development and scholarly activities, mentoring and advising students and service to the College and profession. This is a full-time position requiring faculty to be on campus five days a week for instruction and/or office hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach 12/15 rotation hours each semester; hold minimum 8 office hours per week
• Suggest curriculum improvements and develop course syllabi that align with curriculum goals and student learning outcomes in Computer Science
• Participate in the governance and committee work of the School at all levels
• Use Blackboard as an instructional aide to teach, assess student performance, and post student grades
• Advise and register students; track student progress and performance
• Use innovative teaching techniques
• Work collaboratively with campus-wide services on student retention
• Assist students with enrollment related challenges or issues
• Assess course outcomes; student satisfaction, student retention and use results to improve program quality
• Collaborate with the campus community and serve on campus-wide committee(s)
• Participate in professional organizations and provide community service
• Work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as needed for Institution events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required: Ph. D. degree in Computer Science with Bachelors and Masters in the same field and teaching experience in higher education preferred.
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.