HEAD COACH TENNIS – PART TIME
The Head Coach of Tennis is responsible for leading various aspects of the Tennis program, such as recruiting, scheduling opponents, and training squad members. The Head Coach, of the Tennis program is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Livingstone College (LC), the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), and the NCAA. This is a part-time, ten-month position. LC is a member of the NCAA at the Division II level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
- Recruit, train, and coach members of the tennis program
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the tennis program
- Generate additional funds for support of the program
- Organize and schedule practice & games with approval of the Athletic Director
- Arrange for court care and maintenance
- Administrative tasks to include budget formulation
- Represent Livingstone College and the tennis program in a professional manner
What you will need to be successful!
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept
- Working knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations
- 3 to 5 years collegiate coaching experience
- Effective leadership, communication, coaching
- Recruiting skills is preferred
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.