Director of Student Accounts
Position Director of Student Accounts
Division: Business and Finance
Department: Accounts Receivable
Reports to: Vice President/Controller
This is a full-time, twelve-month professional position responsible to the Vice President/Controller.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Overseeing all aspects of accounts receivable function.
• Supervising full-time employees, including cashiers, and part-time employees, including student assistants assigned to student accounts receivable.
• Developing proficiency in the use of accounts receivable systems in use by the College.
• Maintaining student accounting records in system in use by the College.
• Coordinating and overseeing accounts receivable function during payment due dates, final registrations, and administrative change dates and telephone queue coverage including planning and scheduling work assignments to ensure adequate personnel coverage and performance of duties.
• Overseeing refund process and insure student refunds are accurate and timely and in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations.
• Developing and maintaining training materials for use by departmental and other personnel with access to student account records within the system in use by the College.
• Training departmental and other personnel in accounts receivable policies, procedures, operations and in use of accounts receivable systems in use by the College.
• Responsible for 1098-T reporting, third party billing, reporting of exemptions and waivers and other local, state and federal reporting requirements.
• Working with registrar’s office to complete drop process for non-paid registered students.
• Investigating student account problems and resolve issues.
• Coordinating collection efforts and reporting on past due student account balances including review of aged trial balances and third party account balances.
• Acting as liaison between College and providers of outsourced services including refund disbursement provider, collections agency and others.
• Preparing documentation of accounts receivable policies and procedures for general departmental use and audit support.
• Acting as student accounts receivable contact during the annual audit and prepare reconciling schedules, special reports, and other documentation as necessary.
• Communication with various College departmental personnel to insure the accounts receivable function coordinates and cooperates with departments across campus to meet strategic goals.
• Attending meetings and serve on various committees as a representative of Business and Finance and student accounts receivable.
• Preparing special reports as requested by the director, accounting services/controller.
• Performing other duties as assigned by the director, accounting services/controller.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field from an accredited college or university required.
• 3 to 5 years related management experience in accounts receivable position required.
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, interpersonal, and administration skills essential
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, and be adaptable to changing job requirements and deadlines. Must be open to assisting other areas as needed within the Business and Finance Office.
• Experience at higher education institution preferred.
• Preferred Jenzabar experience