Assistant or Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
Assistant/Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
Division of Liberal Arts & Humanities
Department of Criminal Justice & Sociology
Chair of the Department of Criminal Justice & Sociology
Livingstone College seeks applications for an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice. The applicant will teach various courses at the undergraduate level in criminal justice, criminology, sociology, and other appropriate social science discipline. Candidates must be committed to utilizing innovative teaching techniques in the instructional setting and using technology to enhance student learning. He/she must possess strong communication skills and be dedicated to providing quality instruction for all students served. Teaching experience at the college or university level is preferred. The college is committed to diversity in the recruitment of students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 27 hours per academic year; hold a minimum 8 office hours per week.
- Use Blackboard as an instructional aide to teach, assess student performance, and post student grades.
- Advise and register students; track student progress and performance.
- Use innovative teaching techniques.
- Assist students with enrollment related challenges or issues.
- Assess course outcomes; student satisfaction, student retention and use results to improve program quality.
- Collaborate with the campus community and serve on campus-wide committees.
- Participate in professional organizations and provide community service.
- Perform other duties as assigned as they pertain to the Assistant Professor duties.
What you will need to be successful!
Required: Ph.D. in Criminal Justice required;
Other skills and abilities include strong written and oral communication skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. Must be driven by the following values: excellent customer (student) service; creativity; quality, and teamwork. Ability to participate in physically active demonstrations required.
Life at Livingstone College
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.