Assistant Professor of Sports Management
Assistant Professor of Sport Management
Division of Business
Department of Sport Management
Chair of the Department of Sport Management
Livingstone College seeks applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Sport Management to begin in August of 2021. Course instruction areas include but are not limited to: Introduction to Sport Management, Sport Law, Sport Ethics, Sport Finance, Sport Marketing, Event and Facility Management, Sport Sales, Marketing in Recreation and Sport, and Sport Consumer Behavior.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
- Teach 5 classes in the Fall semester and 4 classes during the Spring semester in addition to keeping 8 office hours each semester.
- Actively engage in student mentoring and advisement.
- Attend department and division meetings.
- Manage the department and supervise faculty within the department.
- Participate in grant writing.
- Find internship and job opportunities for students.
- Use technology to enhance student learning.
- Serve on college committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Department Chair.
What you will need to be successful!
- Ph.D. in Sport Management preferred; Master’s degree will be considered if candidate has 18 graduate hours in Sport Mgmt.
- Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience;
- Online teaching experience, a plus;
- Strong communication skills a plus;
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and instruction;
- Dedication to providing quality instruction for all students.
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.