Admin. Asst. for the Div. of Lib. Arts & Humanities
Division of Liberal Arts & Humanities
Livingstone College is seeking an Administrative Assistant to create and maintain a professional office environment that will promote efficiency and support the daily operations of the Division of Liberal Arts & Humanities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing administrative support to the Division Dean, department chair, coordinator/director, faculty, staff, and students in respective departments; Maintain calendars, appointments, filing system, travel arrangements, office supplies, printing and correspondences as deemed appropriate and necessary. Serve as receptionist to department office suite and maintain department surroundings in a clean and professional manner, including bulletin boards. Provide leadership in hiring, training, and supervising student workers.
- Take minutes at division/department and subcommittee meetings as assigned; prepare agendas and minutes, distribute and maintain records of all meeting documents. Maintain mailing and contact lists for division/department full-time and part-time faculty, staff, students, and various community members.
- Review and edit division/department programs and faculty information on websites to ensure accuracy of information across platforms; Coordinate technology support and training requests; Serve as point of contact for hardware and software support and repair issues;
- Under broad supervision, oversee and coordinate the master schedule of classes for the division including accompanying textbook adoptions and desk copy requests.
- Assist Division Dean with program specific requirements, including preparation, editing, and disbursement of program, accreditation, and evaluation documents; Advising students of standard program coursework, prerequisites and testing requirements; Respond appropriately to all prospective, current, and alumni student requests and concerns; Assist with planning, set-up, coordination, and dissemination of information as may be deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Assist the Admissions Coordinator in recruitment activities as assigned. Maintain appropriate student records and reports; Participate in student recruitment and retention activities.
- In consultation with the Division Dean and business office, monitor department budget on a monthly basis, including travel expenses, office supplies, program specific student funding/awards/scholarships, work study, and division specific expenditures. Receive approval for purchasing requests, place orders, track, and troubleshoot.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful!
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years successful work experience as administrative assistant or office manager;
- Other skills and abilities include strong written and oral communication skills and a working knowledge of Office Suite;
- Positive employee evaluations of work ethics, attendance, and performance.
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.