Assistant or Associate Professor of Psychology
Assistant/Associate Professor of Psychology
Division of Education, Psychology, and Social Work
Department of Psychology
Chair the Department of Psychology
Livingstone College is seeking an Assistant Professor of Psychology beginning the Fall 2019 semester to teach various courses in the traditional undergraduate programs in Psychology. Subject matter needs include the full spectrum of Psychology domains from Introduction of Psychology to the internship; Advising for the Psychology learning community and oversight of the Psychology Club are additional assigned responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Utilizing effective teaching and learning practices such as presentations, demonstrations, class discussion, and other appropriate modes of educational delivery;
- Preparing course outlines and syllabi in accordance with program standards and in collaboration with the program chairperson;
- Leading and monitoring classroom instruction that promotes educational and learning progress;
- Evaluating and grading student performance and posting attendance and grades in a timely manner;
- Advising and supervising field service; and other contractual duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful!
- Doctorate degree in Psychology;
- A minimum of five years successful teaching experience in higher education preferred;
- Successful experience with traditional seated classes, hybrid/online instruction;
- Participating in curriculum/program development;
- Academic advising and degree auditing;
- Other skills and abilities include strong written and oral communication skills and knowledge of learning management platform such as Blackboard; working knowledge of Office Suite;
- Positive evaluations of classroom management and instructional strategies.
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.