Inst. or Assistant Professor of Accounting
Instructor/Assistant Professor of Accounting
Division of Business
Department of Business & CIS
Chair of the Department of Business & CIS
The Division of Business at Livingstone College invites applications for a full-time Instructor or Assistant Professor of Accounting to begin teaching in September 2021 at the start of the Fall 2021 semester.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
- Teach 12 to 15 credit hours per semester in addition to keeping 8 office hours each semester (Fall and Spring)
- Actively engage in student mentoring and advisement.
- Assist in reviewing and improving Accounting Concentration Program.
- Attend department and division meetings.
- Serve on campus-wide committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Dean.
What you will need to be successful!
- PhD or ABD in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in teaching Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, and Auditing is preferred.
- Need to have substantial work experience in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, and Taxation.
- Also need a Master’s Degree in Accounting with the CPA Certification.
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.