Human Resources Client Services Operations Manager
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
Reporting to the Associate Director, HR Client Services & Employee Relations the Human Resources Client Services Operations Manager, with a focus on data integrity will drive HR transactional excellence and uniform best practices to support accurate and timely transactions between HR Client Services, HRIS, Benefits, and Payroll. This is a visible role that requires the ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy at all times, possess a high level of professionalism and be customer service driven and flexible in attitude.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversees the lifecycle of the employee transaction process within the Banner HRIS system to include onboarding, appointments, promotions, transfers, salary changes and terminations.
• Serves as the primary liaison to the University Payroll Department for all payroll related matters.
• Works closely with HRIS and Payroll to ensure the completion of efficient, seamless and accurate transactions.
• Reviews existing HR and Office of Student Employment operations/processes to recommend and implement process improvement solutions.
• Works closely with the HRIS team to insure compliance with various wage and labor requirements.
• Oversees the processing of subpoenas, employment and wage verifications, employment record requests ensuring such requests are handled within established timeframes.
• Identifies opportunities for HR process automation and subsequently, leads these efforts.
• Partners with Associate Director, Human Resources Information Systems in developing and generating various HR-related institutional reports; develops and delivers useful HR reports to leadership.
• Assists with various HR related projects in an effort to improve HR operations and services.
• Supervises HR Client Services Administrators and Receptionist.
This is an onsite position; work for this role is performed on campus.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years related Human Resources experience, preferably in an HR Operations or HRIS related role.
• Prior experience with an HRIS system to include the processing of payroll/personnel transactions and reporting.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Proven ability with leveraging data to drive outcomes.
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy at all times, possess a high level of professionalism and be customer service driven and flexible in attitude.
• Proven ability to work in fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Capable of working independently with little supervision as well as serve as productive team member.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, communication and listening skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Access, Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
• Prior experience in a University setting.
• Prior project management experience, preferably within Human Resources.
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
[email protected] Please indicate "HR Client Services Operations Manager" in the subject line.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Human Resources Client Services Operations Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly