Part-time Faculty Elementary and Special Education
Job Title: Part-time Faculty Elementary and Special Education
Location: UNG - Online
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 227629
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia’s Elementary and Special Education Department is seeking applications for a part-time faculty member. Courses will be offered online/or Hybrid. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.Responsibilities
- Responsible for teaching graduate level ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) Endorsement courses.
- Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
- Master’s degree and/or 18 hours of upper level coursework in TESL, TESOL, ESOL, or Bilingual/Bicultural Studies is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion within teacher education and higher education. Evidence of effective and innovative teaching practices.
- Experience using and modeling technology in educational settings.
- Demonstrated ability to educate for a culturally diverse society.
- Doctorate degree preferred.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.