Part-Time Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Job Title: Part-Time Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 228112
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part-time Assistant Men's Basketball Coach. The part-time assistant coach will aid the head coach in conducting the men's basketball program while fostering and encouraging the goals of student-athletes, and stresses the elements of sportsmanship and fair play. Facilitates the mission, policies and procedures of UNG, the Peach Belt Conference and the NCAA.Responsibilities
- Assists the Head Coach in conducting the program according to all university, conference and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines and standards. (Coaching - Athletic)
- Identify and recruit prospective student-athletes for North Georgia Basketball with particular emphasis on recruiting area, targeted AAU programs outside the SE ((Recruiting - E&G)
- Create and maintain meaningful relationships with high school basketball coaches in assigned region
- Instruct, teach, and coach student-athletes during practice and competition with particular extra time assigned position group of frontcourt players (Coaching - Athletic)
- Provide input on practice and game strategy including completing assigned scouting reports and film breakdowns for presentation to team (Compliance - E&G)
- Work in concert with staff on operational organization of recruiting travel, game travel, facilities scheduling, program calendar maintenance and other operational needs as assigned.
- Assist in the organization and execution of summer camps for our community kids and high school teams (Facilities - Athletic)
- Establish and execute a quarterly newsletter targeted at alumni and friends of the program (Engagement - E&G)
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics (Other - Athletics)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basketball with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; and adequate computer skills.
- High ethical standards and ability to relate work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Collegiate playing or coaching experience required
- Must be able to obtain CPR and AED certifications
- Master's degree preferred
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
6/10/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please include contact information for three professional references