Senior Building Maintenance Worker, Chamberlain Student Center (Lateral/Shift Change Opportunit...
Job no: 495311
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Facilities - Maintenance
This posting is open to current Senior Building Maintenance Workers who are interested in a lateral transfer and/or a shift change.
- Under the direction of a supervisory official, performs varied simple and moderately physically strenuous tasks involved in setting up and breaking down tables, chairs, and stage pieces weighing up to 40 lbs; cleaning and maintaining offices, conference rooms, large event spaces, furniture, fixtures, buildings and grounds. Ability to use cleaning machinery, buffer, vacuum cleaner, and some knowledge of cleaning chemicals. May assist in making minor repairs to buildings or equipment; collects and disposes of trash and recyclables; cleans restrooms, floors, carpet, blackboards, etc. Replaces light bulbs. Also does snow removal and other related duties as required. Floor work including stripping and waxing floors and carpet cleaning.
Shift/Work Hours (Please note that the currently listed shift and availability of same are subject to change to meet the operational needs of the department):
- Monday through Friday, 4:00pm-12:00am
- In addition to regularly scheduled work shifts, the successful candidate must possess the ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime hours when required.
- Previous experience in the inspection, cleaning, and maintenance of furniture, fixtures, offices, and buildings.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
- Range O08
- This posting is only open to those current employees currently serving in the Senior Building Maintenance Worker title who are interested in a lateral transfer/shift change opportunity.
- Only completed, internal online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Jun 4 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 11 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time