Landscape Services Irrigation Technician
Job no: 501489
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Various Shifts (40 hours per week - some nights & weekends)
Landscape Services Irrigation Technician
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000 - $68,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Landscape Services Irrigation Technician supports that effort through the performance of skilled craftwork in the landscaping trade.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Have a strong knowledge of landscape design, power tools, water conservation, irrigation controllers, maintenance, and repair.
• Experience in light to medium sized construction equipment such as skid loaders, excavators, and trenchers.
• Understand various methods of installation, troubleshooting and repair systems.
• Demonstrate intermediate skill in reading, diagnosing, and repairing irrigation systems problems.
• Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Ability to determine causes of operating errors and deciding how to complete and solve the issue.
• Demonstrates an ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ability to utilize computer technology to access data and communicate with others.
• Ability to maintain written equipment maintenance records.
• Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High School Diploma plus three (3) years of related experience. Must be a Licensed Irrigation Technician or ability to obtain license within six (6) months.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday including nights and weekends.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for maintenance and repair of irrigation systems using hand powered tools and/or equipment.
• Ensures the highest quality of landscaping maintenance work across all Dallas College locations.
• Maintain and repair irrigation systems and maintains assigned equipment.
• Report equipment repair problems to the Facilities Manager.
• Responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair, and designs of irrigation systems that address water conservation requirements according to the Texas Commission on Environmental quality.
• Responsible for operating and maintaining equipment utilized both for irrigation and landscape related functions.
• Performs preventative maintenance procedures on irrigation systems and pump stations.
• Requisitions and maintains inventory of parts needed for irrigation system maintenance and expansions.
• Maintains related records and drawings.
• Troubleshoots low voltage irrigation electrical systems, irrigation valve malfunctions, basic irrigation pump station malfunctions and basic irrigation time clock malfunctions.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service and provides safe and healthy grounds for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
• Assists other Facilities Management teams as required.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 Jun 2021 05:00 PM Central Daylight Time