Service Excellence Manager- Human Resources
Job no: 501435
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Service Excellence Manager- Human Resources
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 – $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Service Excellence Manager in Human Resources is responsible for impeccable HR service delivery to consistently meet or exceed service level agreements and standards. This position is responsible for ensuring a stellar customer service experience, HR administration, transaction/inquiry resolutions, and a high level of emotionally intelligent support are delivered in a way that supports a world class Human Resources strategy. Also responsible for ensuring all deliverables are completed in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner and in full compliance with all legislative and company requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
· Strong technological skills to operate effectively with company systems and programs, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize while working in a fast-paced, high volume customer support environment.
· Great probing and listening skills. Cheerful and friendly communication skills. Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic.
· Ability to collaborate and interact with diverse, multicultural individuals internal/external to Dallas College.
· Able to provide excellent customer service while maintaining composure in stressful situations.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information, company sensitive information, reports, correspondence, and data, and adheres to records retention regulations.
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement with a high degree of initiative and provides recommendations for improvement where necessary.
· Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, fast learner, and able to quickly pick-up new tools, software, and processes.
· Maintain broad understanding of Human Resources while providing direction on HR policies, procedures, benefits, payroll, tax, and salary administration, etc. to employees.
· Maintain a deeper level understanding (or specialty) of a Human Resources functional area (Employee Relations, Benefits, Payroll, HRIS, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development, etc.) to support voluminous requests and inquiries and subsequent escalations.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· High School diploma or GED plus four (4) years’ work-related experience or Associate degree plus three (3) years’ work-related experience. Official transcripts required.
· PHR or SHRM certification preferred but not required.
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide “WOW” customer service in accordance with service excellence standards to ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes answering calls, chats, emails, etc., greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid business knowledge, education, and all other aspects of customer service.
· Resolves service or product problems by clarifying the customer's concerns; determining the root cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment with strong follow up skills to ensure timely resolution; and can ultimately handle being empowered to resolve problems responsibly.
· Respond to team member inquiries consistently in a timely, accurate, and professional manner and demonstrate the ability to translate inquiry into a case management application during the interaction. Accurately gauge the severity of the inquiry and escalate appropriately.
· Perform a high level of quality data entry in all aspects of HR through various sources of input and leverage procedures, policy manuals, knowledge base documents and other reference materials to assist in answering team member inquiries and resolving issues.
· May provide assistance with HR service center projects.
· Actively participate in regular metric/quality review and open coaching and development discussions.
· Completes required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Service Center\Operations
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Jun 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time