Total Rewards Specialist, Benefits
Job no: 501448
Work type: Full-time
Location: El Centro, Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Total Rewards Specialist, Benefits
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 - $104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Dallas College has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Dallas College’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Total Rewards Specialist will be responsible for supporting the alignment of our total rewards (benefits focus) program with business objectives that support our Human Resources strategies. The Total Rewards Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of our benefits programs, by supporting our faculty, administrators, and staff. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day benefits administration and will serve as the first point of contact for all staff benefit inquiries. The Total Rewards Specialist plays a key role in HRIS data entry and have ownership of ensuring system integrity.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• General knowledge of relevant laws and regulations as they apply to federal and state benefits, including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, Worker’s Compensation and Afford Care Act (ACA), etc.
• Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to receive sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality.
• Must be able to engage with a wide range of diverse audiences and therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and in written format so others will understand.
• Must be resourceful, able to work independently and in a team environment, with time-sensitive deadlines. Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Must be able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Able to build working relationships with diverse individuals internal/external to the Dallas College community network by creating and maintaining an atmosphere of inclusive excellence that celebrates our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives.
• Must be able to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of benefits and/or other Human Resources related experience.
• Two (2) additional years of directly related full-time work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Must have a valid driver's license if traveling to off-site locations.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads the annual open enrollment cycle for benefits and serves as benefits subject matter expert providing expertise for benefit program strategy, design, policy interpretation, and implementation.
• Day to day administration of Dallas College’s benefit plans, including determining employee eligibility and/or contribution level, enrolling employees, and their dependents in benefits plans, ensuring compliance of required documentation.
• Conduct benefit orientations; assist with annual Open Enrollment and distribution of materials and communication of benefits changes to employees.
• Administers/coordinates all leaves of absence including but not limited to: FMLA, short- and long-term disability, workers' compensation, sick, vacation, bereavement, etc.
• Assist with ongoing administration and communication of the benefit plans in alignment with our total rewards program.
• Support the benefit planning processes; ensure consistency, compliance and support of the company's program and strategy, effectively utilizing our HRIS system.
• Recommend and/or implement improvements to benefits programs to provide an effective employee experience and ensure Dallas College follows all relevant legislation and plan provisions in alignment with our total rewards program.
• Partners with HRIS or payroll to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
• Keeps up to date on emerging laws and regulations though professional development activities to ensure Dallas College is in compliance.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Provides exemplary customer service.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Jun 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time