Human Resources Service Center (HRSC) Analyst
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is seeking a Human Resources Service Center (HRSC) Analyst. The HR Service Center is responsible for maintaining, processing, auditing, and analyzing employee records in the human resource information for the University. This position applies human resource and employment knowledge, policies, concepts, principles, and skills to review and approve various employee actions.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
The ideal candidate will personally connect with the Administration and Finance Guiding Principles which closely mirror UMB’s core values: Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Knowledge, Leadership, Communication, & Work/Life Balance.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of data input and output of human resource information system (HRIS) by conducting audits of employee transaction submissions, and by working with University customers to resolve irregularities, correct discrepancies and miscalculations that ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws are regulations.
- Recommends processes to identify, track, escalate, resolve and report customer, payroll and system processing problems.
- Works with all Human Resource Services (HRS) functional staff and Payroll Office to determine appropriate resolutions of transactional issues.
- Assists in training of University customers on all aspects of the “how to” mechanism needed to properly record all employee transactions.
- Assists in triage and provide efficient resolution to inquiries, understands scope of services, and escalates items to the next level of support as appropriate. Helps customers understand and submit correct employee transactions for processing.
- Fosters and maintains positive relationships with customer base, serve as a contact between University/Payroll customers and HRSC staff to ensure effective definition of, continuous improvement and delivery of HRSC processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: One (1) year of experience in human resources, payroll processing, call center, service center, or other help desk/data entry centralized service area.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related education and experience. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of all applicable employment requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems (PeopleSoft).
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge.
- Accomplishes responsibilities by applying specialized and theoretical knowledge, principles, and concepts of a human resources discipline normally acquired through advanced education or specialized training.
- Resolves issues and significant matters on behalf of management by utilizing independent judgment, discretion, creativity, and analytical thinking.
- Contributes to development and evaluation of goals and objectives. Creates solutions to ensure legal and policy compliance. .
- Applies entry level knowledge, concepts, principles, and skills. Decision making occurs within defined parameters. Supervisor defines assignments, expectations, and deadlines. Supervisor may review work for quality. Demonstrates initiative and discretion to resolve routine and non-routine matters.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected].
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Division of Human Resources
Job Posting: Jun 4, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 18, 2021, 11:59:00 PM