Clinical Research Assistant
The University of Maryland Department of Psychiatry has an opening for a Clinical Research Assistant at the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC). The Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for performing research tasks for projects that focus on testing the efficacy of a medication to treat alcohol use disorders and co-occurring post-traumatic stress disorder, and testing the effects of a medication on neuroinflammation in individuals with alcohol use disorders. This Exempt, Contractual position offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. This position is located on the grounds of Spring Grove Hospital in Catonsville, MD. Essential Functions
- Conduct informed consent procedures.
- Conduct study assessments to include diagnostic assessment, structured interviews, cognitive testing, and questionnaires.
- Assist with neuroimaging procedures and collection of related data.
- Deliver a brief psychoeducational intervention aimed at educating participants about reducing drinking and coping with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Work with a research team to coordinate study activities.
- Check and enter data.
- Collect and transport biological specimens or materials as instructed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Biology, Neuroscience and/or related field.
Preferred Experience: Some previous experience working in a biological or behavioral research program and/or hands on research experience with patient populations is preferred.
Other: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to network with and provide information to key groups and individuals.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use a consultative approach to resolve issues in area of responsibility.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected] If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected] Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Psychiatry
Job Posting: Jun 4, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 18, 2021, 11:59:00 PM