Viral Vector Core Lab Tech I
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
Knowledge and skill sets and experience in large scale viral vector manufacturing are essential.Responsibilities
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Follow Stand Operation Procedures (SOPs) to perform all essential procedures in industrial scale manufacturing of viral vectors particularly adeno-associated virus vectors.
- Maintain seed cell and expand the cells to large scales that are required for industrial scale viral vector production.
- Perform upstream large-scale viral vector production procedures.
- Perform downstream processing and purification steps for large scale viral vector production lots.
- Perform all essential molecular biology and cell biology techniques to create, characterize and validate gene therapy vector constructs.
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 1 year relevant research experience and manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems