Research Associate II
Job Title: Research Associate II
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228303
This position is located in Atlanta, GeorgiaJob Summary
Responsible for the management of efforts associated with the Institute's research mission through monitoring of research plans and activity with regard to compliance with subaward terms and all applicable institute, state and federal policies, regulations and laws governing sponsored programs. The position will provide education and advice to management and faculty regarding compliance requirements. Maintain and update internal Georgia Tech Policies and ensure subawards team remains compliant.Required Qualifications
- A Master’s degree and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree, orA Master’s degree and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or A Doctoral degree.
Other Required Qualifications
Required to hold US citizenship and qualify for national security clearance.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
This job requires working knowledge of and skill in contract administration and negotiations as applied to federal contracts and grants. Specifically, a deep working knowledge of the applicable 2 CFR 200, Uniform Requirements; Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR); Defense Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and other related statutes and regulation and laws specific to contracts.
This job requires working knowledge of and skill in contract administration and negotiations as applied to federal contracts and grants. Specifically, a deep working knowledge of the applicable 2 CFR 200, Uniform Requirements; Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR); Defense Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and other related statutes and regulation and laws specific to contracts. Additional skills include strategic planning, communication, negotiation, and team building.
Ensure annual certifications are maintained for the 800+ Subcontractors supporting Georgia Tech. (A-133, IRB, IACUC, etc)
- Develop, maintain, and update internal Georgia Tech Subaward Policies and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with internal Georgia Tech Subaward Policies and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations (FAR/DFAR/2 CFR 200)
- Develop processes, procedures and templates for issuing solicitations to potential subcontractors during the proposal stage.
- Participate in audits such as the Contractor Purchasing Review System (CPSR), annual A-133 audit and project specific audits.
- Facilitate relationships between sub-recipient representatives and appropriate Institute offices.
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Institute senior administration, faculty, staff, other research administrators, compliance offices, sponsoring agencies, other universities and both for-profit and not-for-profit companies. This position typically will advise and counsel: Institute senior administration, faculty, staff, other research administrators, sponsoring agencies, other universities and both for-profit and non-for-profit companies.
- Experience at a non-profit, educational institutional and/or Federal Government or Federal government prime or Subcontractor.
- Experience in developing and maintaining internal policies and procedures, serving as a subject matter expert and developing and implementing a robust compliance plan.
- Knowledge of 2 CFR 200, Uniform Requirements, the Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations and the ability to interpret and apply these.
- Computer related experience to include usage of databases, operating systems, office automation applications.
- Ability to interact with key faculty members, staff members, team members and students in a multi-cultural environment;
- Must be able to manage a high volume workload by prioritizing objectives and exercising independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and procedures.
- Able to work independently and in coordination with intra-university teams.
- Experience in contract database management systems.
- Familiarity with various sponsoring agencies such as Department of Defense, other federal agencies, non-profit organizations and for-profit companies is desired.
- Logical thinker, good analytical skills; ability to think strategically and creatively; good overall business knowledge.
If you should have any questions regarding this posting, please contact Rex Welch, Human Resources Director at [email protected]Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced